Glenn Beck offers some analysis on current events in Egypt.
He made many assertions, among them:
- That current events in Egypt are “a repudiation of everything we think we know” including “Van Jones.”
- That the rest of world hates us because we’re “hypocrites” due to the “progressives.”
Video (I’ll follow up with transcript once it’s available)
Just one problem. Although Glenn Beck has already received the money from the event, he’s yet to dole out any of the money that he promised to charities.
Media Matters’ Eric Boehlert details the situation, but here’s a quick summary:
Do you get the picture? Beck swooped into Wilmington supposedly on a mission of good will. But during his one day in town he likely generated nearly $300,000 in revenue from ticket sales. That’s okay, his handlers insisted at the time, because More >
Media Matters put together a list of 15 whoppers that Glenn Beck didn’t get fired for in 2010. The full post has all the source material and details, so do check it out.
But, here’s an overview…
1) Fox Will Fire Beck If He Tells Lies
- BECK: “[D]o You Really Believe That I Could … Just Make Things Up And Remain On The Air?”
- BECK: “If I Get Out Of Control And Start Leveling Baseless Charges … Guess What Happens? I’m Fired.”
- BECK: “If I Were Making Up Lies … Rupert Murdoch Would Fire Me.”
- BECK: “If I Was Inaccurate, [Fox] Would Have Fired Me Long Ago.”
- REALITY: More >