Posts tagged distortions
Media Matters put together a list of 15 whoppers that Glenn Beck didn’t get fired for in 2010. The full post has all the source material and details, so do check it out.
But, here’s an overview…
1) Fox Will Fire Beck If He Tells Lies
- BECK: “[D]o You Really Believe That I Could … Just Make Things Up And Remain On The Air?”
- BECK: “If I Get Out Of Control And Start Leveling Baseless Charges … Guess What Happens? I’m Fired.”
- BECK: “If I Were Making Up Lies … Rupert Murdoch Would Fire Me.”
- BECK: “If I Was Inaccurate, [Fox] Would Have Fired Me Long Ago.”
- REALITY: More >
After Glenn Beck started losing sponsors due to ColorOfChange.org’s successful efforts, his supporters defended his distortions and race-baiting. DefendGlenn.com launched an effort that smeared Color of Change, propagated distortions and attempted to bully advertisers into remaining on or returning to Beck’s show. After they were threatened with a lawsuit, DefendGlenn issued a significant retraction.
Color of Change’s observation regarding the retraction is noteworthy:
The retraction also speaks volumes about what kind of people are the strongest defenders of Glenn Beck. The person responsible for DefendGlenn.com is professional fear-monger Gary Kreep, who is a prominent leader in the “birther” movement and has a long More >